1. Tiki Cocktail Culture. Hey let’s face it, kitschy culture is cool again. People love the beach, the hula girls, the palm trees, the tropical fabrics and of course the tiki mugs. #TikiAsFuck.
2. #GarnishWars. Tiki cocktails are beautiful to see. When something is beautiful and full of garnishes we like to take pics and upload it to social media. Tiki poses better for pictures than anything.
3. #Showmanship. They test your bartender.
If you want to test your bartender, tell them to make you their interpretation of a tiki cocktail. A Painkiller, or simple Mai Tai, can showcase bartenders “know how”, without the associated pretense of some other classic cocktails.
4. They pack a punch. With fresh juices and syrups in perfect balance, most tiki drinks call for 2 or more spirits. Those sweet and sour booze-bombs can sneak up on you. #Zombie.
5. The Rich bouquet on the nose. When it smells good, it tastes good. Tiki cocktails provide an #Aura of super fresh citrus, floral, rich textures and spices that you can’t go wrong with.
6. Finally, they are super delicious. #Flavors. Whether you like sweet, sour or spicy. Tiki cocktails include all those flavors. Sometimes separately, frequently all together, Either way, we love it.
HONORABLE MENTION – Trash Tiki, where they drink like they give a fuck.
What’s your favorite Tiki cocktail? Before the Mai Tai, the Zombie was the most popular Tiki cocktail in the world. Learn to make one today! Link to the Beachbum Berry recipe.